Saturday, October 3, 2009

Resurrection

I am back from the dead with thousands and thousands of appologies. September knocked on my door with quite a handful of bad news and I have been trying to sort everything out slowly. September is over now and October can only make me hopeful that my life will get back on track. I have to admit, I haven't been eager to get back to blogging but my friend Armand (special shoutout to my very own Romain Duris) has been complaining about my rarifying posts and I couldn't help but feel guilty about letting my few (but much appreciated) readers down.

So to start off the school year, I thought I'd tell you guys about my weekend purchases.


The japanese brand Uniqlo has opened its third flagship store in Paris last thursday. This -combined with the launch of +J, Jil Sander's capsule collection for Uniqlo, and the insanely low prices (jeans for 10€, cashemere tops for 39,90 €) - has created a major buzz and what seemed to be a riot on Rue Scribe was actually the line of people waiting to get in the fast retail store.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

As I am only human after all, I joined the line and waited for my turn to get me some japanese (actually chinese-made... hmmm) frocks. As soon as I got through the massive entrance I witnessed the most unearthly sight: people seemed struck with some kind of frenzy. They had turned into reckless hunters with the strongest intention to capture cashmere tops. Naturally, I did the same (did I mention I was only human?)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


No comments: